Photography by The Mitten Tog
1. Large Quartz Island. I wanted to allow for expanded prep and visual focus in the open concept kitchen space adjacent to the great room. This is a great feature for filming recipe videos as a food blogger, entertaining friends and family in a buffet style setting and maximizing the space to allow my family to all work in the kitchen together.
2. Neutral Palette. Throughout the kitchen, whether it’s in the cabinets, wall colors, hardware or countertops, I wanted a neutral tone to resonate with a timeless classic look that is cohesive in the elements. This creates harmony with the rest of the house and keeps the space easy on the eyes and transitional through time.
3. Clean White Backsplash. To complement the earthy neutral tones in the kitchen, and to make the food I’m preparing for photos and videos pop, I opted for white modern matte-herringbone pattern. To me, this creates interest in the space without being a large focal point, and it brings warmth around the large stainless steel oven and stove.
4. Contemporary Light Fixtures. Because of the open concept layout, lights play more of an artistic role in the space than traditional wall hangings do. So I opted for pieces that were bold, dynamic and stunning. Each of the lights draw the eyes up to expand the space and supplement light in the kitchen.
5. Large Kitchen Sink. Because I cook most of our meals from scratch and I’m in the kitchen often, I wanted to make sure that doing dishes didn’t feel like a big burden. Having a large deep sink that overlooks our backyard with counter-to-ceiling windows actually makes washing dishes more enjoyable and dreamy.
See Feel Good Foodie's Signature Eggplant Lasagna recipe - explore more.
Whether you’re revamping a kitchen that’s in need of a facelift or are in the process of designing a new build, you’ll want to consider these six kitchen must-haves.
Cheers! To the opening of our newest showroom and slab gallery in Nashville, TN.
General Manager and Sommelier Karen Van Guilder-Little of renowned Nashville restaurant, Josephine on 12th shared one of their signature cocktail recipes with us that they call “Ain’t No Sunshine”.
6 things you didn't know about slabs